|Course Name||QQI Level 5 Care Support|
|Duration||40 Hours (evenings and Saturdays)|
|Accreditation||QQI Level 5|
The course is designed is to ensure that learners acquire the skills and competence to work effectively in a care setting. It aims to promote good practice and respect for diversity in lifestyle, religion and culture in care work.
- Roles, responsibilities and entitlements of a care worker
- Role of a care worker within the multidisciplinary healthcare team
- Planning and providing enhanced quality care
- Meeting the needs of the individual client
- Personal planning and growth
- QQI Level 4 Certificate or equivalent qualification and /or relevant life and work experience
- Competent in spoken and written English
Learners who complete this module can progress towards the full QQI Level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support 5M4339
Learners who wish to achieve this QQI Level 5 Module or Component Certificate are required to:
- Keep a personal daily record during the programme (70%)
- Report on a practical activity carried out in the workplace (30%)
All training is delivered in a people centred, friendly and enjoyable learning environment to ensure each learner is given every opportunity to acquire the necessary knowledge, skills and competent in order to excel in their caring role. Training is delivered using a variety of methodologies involving class tuition, group discussions and role play. Training is delivered by expert dedicated tutors with a background in-depth knowledge and experience of the Healthcare sector.