|Course Name||QQI Level 5 Infection Prevention and Control|
|Duration||40 Hours (evenings and Saturdays)|
|Accreditation||QQI Level 5-Elective Module on the QQI Level 5 Major Award|
This course is designed to equip learners with the required skills, knowledge and competence to prevent and control infection within their health services area.
- Important of Infection Control
- Basic principles of infection control and application
- Infection prevention and control in providing a safe environment
- Role in the prevention of the spread of infection
- QQI Level 4 Certificate or equivalent qualification and /or relevant life and work experience
- Competent in spoken and written English
Learners who complete this module can progress towards the full QQI Level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support 5M4339
- Reflective record on Infection Prevention and Control (20%)
- Skills demonstrations (40%)
- Theory based examination (40%)
All training is delivered in a people centred, friendly and enjoyable learning environment to ensure each learner is given every opportunity to acquire the necessary knowledge, skills and competent in order to excel in their caring role. Training is delivered using a variety of methodologies involving class tuition, group discussions and role play. Training is delivered by expert dedicated tutors with a background in-depth knowledge and experience of the Healthcare sector.