|Course Name||QQI Level 5 Palliative Care Support|
|Duration||40 Hours (evenings and Saturdays)|
|Accreditation||QQI Level 5-Elective Module on the QQI Level 5 Major Award|
This course is designed to equip learners with the required skills, knowledge and competence to provide person-centred care to a person diagnosed with a life-limiting illness, to work effectively within the multi-disciplinary palliative care team and to support the dying person’s significant others in a palliative care setting.
- Working with a Palliative Approach
- Communication skills
- Death & Dying
- QQI Level 4 Certificate or equivalent qualification and /or relevant life and work experience
- Competent in spoken and written English
Learners who complete this module can progress towards the full QQI Level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support 5M4339
- Learner Record allocated by the tutor (70%)
- Assignment on the Philosophy and Principles of Palliative Care (30%)
All training is delivered in a people centred, friendly and enjoyable learning environment to ensure each learner is given every opportunity to acquire the necessary knowledge, skills and competent in order to excel in their caring role. Training is delivered using a variety of methodologies involving class tuition, group discussions and role play. Training is delivered by expert dedicated tutors with a background in-depth knowledge and experience of the Healthcare sector.