RSG Flexible Learning College are seeking expressions of interest in Intellectual Disability Studiues 5N1652 blended learning.
|Course Name||QQI Level 5 Intellectual Disability Studies|
|Location||Derrane, Roscommon + Online|
|Accreditation||QQI Level 5-Elective Module on the QQI Level 5 Major Award|
This course is designed to provide learners with the knowledge, skill and competence in the causes, range and effects of intellectual disabilities to develop an awareness of the importance of a social model of support and the role of various professionals in responding to the needs of persons with an intellectual disability
- Exploring intellectual disability and the impact it has on the family/local community/society
- Medical and social models of care organisations and their policies
- Role of the front line staff in providing individualised support to persons with an intellectual disability
- QQI Level 4 Certificate or equivalent qualification and /or relevant life and work experience
- Competent in spoken and written English
Learners who complete this module can progress towards the full QQI Level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support 5M4339
- Assignment exploring Intellectual Disability (30%)
- Case Study of a person with an intellectual disability (30%)
- Theory Examination of 20 multiple choice questions and 4 structured questions (60%)
All training is delivered in a people centred, friendly and enjoyable learning environment to ensure each learner is given every opportunity to acquire the necessary knowledge, skills and competent in order to excel in their caring role. Training is delivered using a variety of methodologies involving class tuition, group discussions and role play. Training is delivered by expert dedicated tutors with a background in-depth knowledge and experience of the Healthcare sector.