|Course Name||QQI Level 5 Care of the Older Person|
|Duration||40 Hours (evenings and Saturdays)|
|Accreditation||QQI Level 5-Elective Module on the QQI Level 5 Major Award|
The course is designed is to ensure learners have the skills and knowledge to provide a high level of care to older people in a variety of care settings.
- The Ageing Process
- Working with the older person
- Caring for the older person with specific needs
- Care settings
- QQI Level 4 Certificate or equivalent qualification and /or relevant life and work experience
- Competent in spoken and written English
Learners who complete this module can progress towards the full QQI Level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support 5M4339
- Project-Caring for and Working with Older People (40%)
- Planning a practical activity in the Workplace (60%)
All training is delivered in a people centred, friendly and enjoyable learning environment to ensure each learner is given every opportunity to acquire the necessary knowledge, skills and competent in order to excel in their caring role. Training is delivered using a variety of methodologies involving class tuition, group discussions and role play. Training is delivered by expert dedicated tutors with a background in-depth knowledge and experience of the Healthcare sector.