|Course Name||QQI Level 5 Work Experience|
|Duration||21 Hours (evenings and Saturdays)|
|Accreditation||QQI Level 5|
|19th March 2020||Thursday||6.00-10.00pm||4|
|24th March 2020||Tuesday||5.00-10.00pm||5|
|28th March 2020||Saturday||9.30-5.30pm||8|
|31st March 2020||Tuesday||6.00-10.00pm||4|
The course is designed is to equip the learner with the relevant knowledge, skill and competence to participate in the workplace for a limited time, carrying out work-related tasks independently while under general direction in a care setting.
- Examine work organisations and personal career opportunities
- Key challenges and opportunities facing a particular vocational area
- Rights and responsibilities of employees and employers
- Personal and vocational skills audit and career plan
- Present relevant work experience material
- Participate effectively in work experience
- Reflect on workplace experiences
- Explore options for future education, training and employment in light of work experience
- QQI Level 4 Certificate or equivalent qualification and /or relevant life and work experience
- Competent in spoken and written English
Learners who complete this module can progress towards the full QQI Level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support 5M4339
- Skills demonstration carried out in a care environment 40%
- Portfolio/collection of work 60%
All training is delivered in a people centred, friendly and enjoyable learning environment to ensure each learner is given every opportunity to acquire the necessary knowledge, skills and competent in order to excel in their caring role. Training is delivered using a variety of methodologies involving class tuition, group discussions and role play. Training is delivered by expert dedicated tutors with a background in-depth knowledge and experience of the Healthcare sector.
RSG Flexible Learning College is a QQI accredited training provider. The college has an agreed Quality Assurance System in place with QQI to ensure that QQI standards are met and maintained at all times. RSG Flexible Learning College adheres to and complies with the standards and requirements as set out by QQI.